We are searching for a Distributed Computing Engineer with experience in blockchain technologies. The ideal candidate will be a talented software engineer with a passion for building large-scale, industry-grade distributed data platforms.
- Propose, design, and implement proof-of-concept as well as industry-grade solutions to diverse technology and business problems.
- Proactively investigate, identify and implement new technology based on research of emerging trends related to distributed data platform concepts.
- Work closely with other team members to understand and refine the scope of projects, and to ensure deliverables are of exceptional quality.
- Build highly maintainable and easy-to-understand code.
- Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and projects.
- Work with client teams in a support role on various software technology transfer tasks.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest tools and industry trends in the area of distributed data / computing platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent professional experience).
- Ideal candidate will have had at least 1 year of proven experience in developing industry-grade (distributed) data and/or compute platforms.
- Experience developing software in C/C++/Java/Python.
- Experience with Enterprise Blockchain solutions (either Quorum, Hyperledger Fabric or R3 Corda).
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (such as coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; in particular, ability to annotate and document software for hand-off to other senior technical personnel.